Tuesday 15 December 2009

I forgot to say…

thanks Naz for your good morning SMS. It made me smile the whole day. Basically it has been a good day today. I managed to finish off the zipper of my dress and then have a coffee with Cem. We obviously sat at Starbucks but a different one this time. The one with all the high schoolers, O M G =).

Me and Cem decided to take a stroll down on the street to the shops to look for various things I could not find yesterday and right by the exit I ran into my dad’s cousins wife Özlem who was there to pick her daughter Ela up. I have not seen them for ages and Ela had grown up to this 17 year old beauty. We exchanged numbers and as soon as they move back to Fenerbahce we will be able to see each other more, which is cool since I like them. When we lived in Istanbul/Bodrum during the 80’s Özlem used to babysit me while my parents were out having fun.

I have some really nice memories from the time while we used to live here but I must say Istanbul have changed a lot and I can say in some parts to the bad. Oh well let’s all hope for a way to the better although some chronicle writers say that Turkey are taking big small steps forward and huge steps backwards. I don’t know what you guys think and I am not sure what I think either so I will leave it at that.

I need to get some cooking done for Ömer, I will be serving Swedish meatballs from IKEA, brown cream sauce and taze potatoes (fresh potatoes) straight from MMMIGROS =) and then it is off to Kamil bro for our trip to Ankara.

 

meatball mountain w flag

Love M

0 comments: