Wednesday 2 December 2009

Dogs and horse poo

It is past bayram here in Turkey and me and Cem arrived back this morning from our mini break in Bodrum. The oddest thing is that it totally does not feel that we have been on a bus for 12 hours but then again it might be due to lack of sleep for about 24 hours. Anyways I have come to the conclusion that I am never ever taking the bus EVER again at least not when the bus ride duration is 5 to 12 hours or more. Not only was it too hot but it felt overcrowded and the seats felt unusually tiny. It was a total and utter horror fest when Mr Snoring orchestra was seated behind us. Did I get any sleep? None! Did I go working today at the pre school today? Yes! I really wonder how many cups of coffee Cem had during his day at work. Cem?

Overall it was a really nice holiday and we got up to a lot of things such as eating, drinking, walking, petting all kinds of animals (pictures coming later) and drinking and oh did I forget to mention drinking? Dad if you are reading this, sorry about your liquor collection. We went to Kule Bar the first night but I think that we were so tired that we decided to head back home around 1.30 in the morning. We however stayed home the second night due to lack of motivation and my obsession with HTML. Third night started off a bit slow but in the end I was the one mixing Long Island Ice Tea and forcing Cem to drink more. We walked into town and ended up at Adamik. Now the most entertaining part of the night was the walk back home, and off course Cem’s useless attempt to bargain the price down for the shaker. I think that I have not laughed so much in my life while walking back home after a night out.
So Bodrum was definitely not as charming as it is during the summer but then again it is hard to compare the 2 seasons. The winter season has a different type of charm. The feeling of tranquillity while sitting at a restaurant by an empty beach with a beer (or 4 ref Cem) watching the view and catching up all kinds of impressions around is definitely priceless. Yes we certainly came to the conclusion that Bodrum is... perfect when you are retired!
But I still just cant help but to LOVE Bodrum. Endlessly! Its you and me baby forever.


Love M

Ps. I would like to add that although Cem did not succeed with his bargaining I managed to get myself a faux fur jacket
at the local flee market for only 30 lira. Now that's what I call a bargain.

1 comments:

Cem said...

I had about 4 cups of filtered and 2 red bulls :) And still was about to fall asleep at around 5pm.. Was a tough day!