Thursday 7 January 2010

Some time in the stables!

The other day Ömer took me to the stables and oh boy was I happy! Apparently his family used to own half a horse (I know it comes off funny) and they used to be quiet frequent horseback riders. Impressing!

I started off riding horses when I was about 10 and later on my mother signed me up for equestrian school where I learnt the basics and totally fell in love with the creatures! Horses are gorgeous and strong and there is no doubt that riding on horses make you feel free as a bird.

So I got my gear on and off I went. The horse that they gave me for half an hour was called Bella, and Bekir hoca kindly informed me that it means beautiful =).

I need to get my complaining gloves on now though because I think that I had quiet a chocking and stressful experience in the manege. First of all the manege was filled with people (that had nowhere to sit almost) and shockingly overcrowded with horses and their riders. So it was kind of like an ice skating rink where you rent your skates and off you go in the rink. I might not be the most experienced horseback rider but I have taken a fair deal of years of lessons AND I have managed horses without supervision but these people can not have been disciplined or taught in any kind of way because they were galloping right towards me passing me with an inch of space leaving my horse stressed and me all confused. Sometimes it even felt like people were doing it just for the fun of it. My horse bolted on me a few times and I realized what I was dealing with. I do not want to sound judgemental but I really do not think that the equestrian education is that good here in Turkey and I do not think that riders have respect for other riders nor the horses. Please if anyone knows a good stable in Istanbul (other than Istanbul Atlı Spor) to refer me to, do not hesitate to contact me. Oh by the way if anyone wants to come riding with me in Istanbul feel free to join!

riding

 Riding2

Riding3

 riding4

 

Love M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u little complaining thing! =)
dont worry baby we r gna find u sme better place to ride horses...if u want i can even buy u a horse (i think with my economic status i'll only be able to efford like a horse leg ) but still =)

bobbilover13

M said...

Haha that is so true. We will probably only be able to afford one leg! Good one!