Thursday 11 March 2010

Should I or should I not?

I watched the movie Julie&Julia yesterday and I absolutely loved it. The message I feel it sent to me was that you should always do what makes you happy. For example the girl in the movie, Julie Powell, who the movie is based on works for a company  dealing with the after shocks of 9/11 where she sits in a cubicle all day every day. The irony is that she is stuck there when she actually wants to be a writer.

Therefore, the important message I have to my near and dear and for anyone who reads my blog. Take chances, take risks and you might see yourself in a much better place, or worse, but hey you at least tried so its a thumbs up for the effort made =)

So my problem is that I have been under a huge amount of stress when it comes to the development of my career, which frankly is not developing at all. I think this is due to me not knowing what it is that I want to do when I ‘grow up’. Do I want to design clothes? Do I want to live in a small village type place? Do I want a career in finance? Do I want a career in Fashion?

Well I have taken some major decisions and this means I am applying for my advanced studies and hopefully this will lead me into the right path (at least so I can pay my student loan off =). But I have been offered a job on Kos and everybody thinks I should take it but frankly I can not say that this offer is that convincing. What would I do there? Who would I hang out with? Where can I do my sports? I mean it is Kos, an island with no shopping malls. Yikes! Anyways I would appreciate some kind of sign good or bad, convincing or not regarding this matter. Help! I am lost.

 

Love M

1 comments:

enlangblondin.se said...

Man ska ju ta de beslut som känns rätt i hjärtat, inte de som är de mest praktiska.
Och Melis jag har inte glömt bort dig... Bara haft en grazy vecka på jobbet!